NEWSFLASH
A forum for Scooterist's everywhere to find out what's going on in Wales. Please remember to leave your personal political views and your keyboard warrior rants at the door, I thank you. :-) Well what a change the sunshine makes, we've been able to get our Scooters out and leave the wets at home, makes a nice change. If you are interested in any of these great events check out the What's On section of this website. If you want your event headlined please PM me (dave 411) with all the details. If you are un able to join,mail me and I will sort it out,david.ruiz57@btconnect.com.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
average cost
22-06-2015, 08:44 AM
average cost
just wondering the average cost of a respray on a scoot these days ..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2015, 07:48 AM
RE: average cost
Do it yourself with cans.I am doing mine with paint from Lambretta paints,its good stuff.So far I have spent about 200.00 on paint,it looks ok,and the main thing is that I have done it all myself.
23-06-2015, 08:54 AM
i was just wondering thats all .as i spoke to a guy who wanted his custom vespa relacquered and he was quoted 1000 pound. it wasnt a joke he told me either
24-06-2015, 05:59 PM
Way too much in my opinon.
A 'standard' paint job is well overpriced,i was once quoted over £650 for a two colour job,no masking,just panels one colour and the rest another,now basing that on the average fellers wages,(lets call it £250),and taking a generous £125 out for materials,that leaves £525 (over twice the weekly wage),that means that each job will take over 10 days at eight hours a day solid (I don't think so)
I reckon,1 day (8 hours) flatting/filling,1 day priming,1 day painting,so there you go,24 hours actual work,as opposed to the over 80 hours!,now don't get me wrong,im basing this on my own personal experience,and the machine in question was in very good condition body wise,and I do appreciate the skill of not getting runs in the paint,but that's their job!!,they should be good at it!,you wouldn't employ a builder to erect an extension for you if he was crap at his bricklaying would you??
So,a weeks wages,£250 (40 hours for the 24 actual hours work),(aren't I nice),plus £125 for materials,and we have a total of £375 for a standard type paint job on a good condition machine,and he's still 16 hours (2 days work) in pocket,which if you think about it is two thirds of the next job paid for already!!Big Grin

[Image: tu2Uuq.jpg]
'Kevspeed',dissing Northern Soul since the beginning of time.
Nobody on their death bed ever said "I wish I had a Vespa",now GET THE B+Q BATHROOM SET OFF THE FRONT OF YOUR SCOOTER FOR F**KS SAKE!
25-06-2015, 08:59 AM
thats what the guy said who bought the scoot said ..i think it was a case of..the scoot was a late 80s custom vespa sprayed be a well know sprayer of the day ..wont mention names ... so i think the painter must think he was above everyone eles somwhere along ..but i must admit i had a pannel relacquered by a well known sprayer in newport Big Grin.. and it was 20quid ..the pannel was that good .the whole scoot looked crap nowBig Grin.. basicaly the custom paint job cost 850 in 1989 ..now in 2015 quoted 5 to 6k for the same job.or a grand for ust a relacquer ...plus a long wait.. has inflation moved on that much . mind you id have done it with to tins of matt black and had done with it..
25-06-2015, 11:25 AM
But who strips all the bits off Kev?You cant re spray a Scooter when its all in one piece surely?
25-06-2015, 06:16 PM
(25-06-2015 11:25 AM)dave 411 Wrote:  But who strips all the bits off Kev?You cant re spray a Scooter when its all in one piece surely?

Scoot already stripped of every part,and cleaned with a high pressure hose,easy job for even the most un-mechanical person!!

Nobody on their death bed ever said "I wish I had a Vespa",now GET THE B+Q BATHROOM SET OFF THE FRONT OF YOUR SCOOTER FOR F**KS SAKE!
27-06-2015, 08:30 AM
Also who in their right mind would send a scooter to be re-sprayed without taking it apart???