NEWSFLASH
A forum for Scooterist's everywhere to find out what's going on in Wales. Please remember to leave your personal political views and your keyboard warrior rants at the door, I thank you. :-) Well what a change the sunshine makes, we've been able to get our Scooters out and leave the wets at home, makes a nice change. If you are interested in any of these great events check out the What's On section of this website. If you want your event headlined please PM me (dave 411) with all the details. If you are un able to join,mail me and I will sort it out,david.ruiz57@btconnect.com.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helpline
28-08-2016, 08:11 PM
Helpline
[Image: IMG-20160820-WA0000_zpswy6qyk2w.jpg]

[Image: tu2Uuq.jpg]
'Kevspeed',dissing Northern Soul since the beginning of time.
Nobody on their death bed ever said "I wish I had a Vespa",now GET THE B+Q BATHROOM SET OFF THE FRONT OF YOUR SCOOTER FOR F**KS SAKE!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-08-2016, 09:38 AM
RE: Helpline
Does anyone on here own one ?
29-08-2016, 11:33 AM
No but might get a 200 in a couple of years after they've ironed out any teething problems.

Anything but a another bloody Lambretta!!!!

CARDIFF SCOOTER CLUB
29-08-2016, 06:49 PM
(29-08-2016 11:33 AM)Franco Wrote:  No but might get a 200 in a couple of years after they've ironed out any teething problems.

Did you have problems with your Lambretta?

[Image: tu2Uuq.jpg]
'Kevspeed',dissing Northern Soul since the beginning of time.
Nobody on their death bed ever said "I wish I had a Vespa",now GET THE B+Q BATHROOM SET OFF THE FRONT OF YOUR SCOOTER FOR F**KS SAKE!
29-08-2016, 07:19 PM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2016 07:25 PM by Franco.)
(29-08-2016 06:49 PM)kevspeed Wrote:  
(29-08-2016 11:33 AM)Franco Wrote:  No but might get a 200 in a couple of years after they've ironed out any teething problems.

Did you have problems with your Lambretta?

Which one?
The three I had in the early eighties.....yes I had problems.

The SX I had in the 90s......Yes I had problems.

The LI150 I had five years back...... Yes I had problems (mainly bits dropping off it whenever I rode it anywhere resulting in me having to go through an inventory whenever I got home . You once remarked that it was missing so many bits it might as well be a skelly)

I always thought "RATTLING LOOSE" would look great written across a Lambretta side panel.

CARDIFF SCOOTER CLUB
02-09-2016, 05:38 PM
When I was young all my lambretta disasters were as a result of something stupid I`d done looking back.

Since I`m older and a lot more mechanically able , as long as you love fettling , I`ve found them OK .......I do spend a lot of them on them though
02-09-2016, 07:42 PM
My Lambretta disasters were also due to me doing something stupid.......buying the bloody things in the first place!

To be fair I don't enjoy tinkering with scoots and accept that I am not or ever will be a "Lambretta Man".
I always warn people who plan to buy a Lambretta as their first scooter to be prepared to spend time maintaining them........ or buy a Vespa.

CARDIFF SCOOTER CLUB
02-09-2016, 08:31 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2016 08:31 PM by Kev.)
(02-09-2016 07:42 PM)Franco Wrote:  My Lambretta disasters were also due to me doing something stupid.......buying the bloody things in the first place!

To be fair I don't enjoy tinkering with scoots and accept that I am not or ever will be a "Lambretta Man".
I always warn people who plan to buy a Lambretta as their first scooter to be prepared to spend time maintaining them........ or buy a Vespa.

Aren't you the ' lambretta club of Wales ' chairman ?
02-09-2016, 09:30 PM
(02-09-2016 08:31 PM)Kev Wrote:  
(02-09-2016 07:42 PM)Franco Wrote:  My Lambretta disasters were also due to me doing something stupid.......buying the bloody things in the first place!

No

CARDIFF SCOOTER CLUB
03-09-2016, 07:43 AM
(02-09-2016 09:30 PM)Franco Wrote:  
(02-09-2016 08:31 PM)Kev Wrote:  

No

Ok I mustve got my wires crossed somewhere along the lines , for some reason I thought you were? Blush