NEWSFLASH
A forum for Scooterist's everywhere to find out what's going on in Wales. Please remember to leave your personal political views and your keyboard warrior rants at the door, I thank you. :-) Well what a change the sunshine makes, we've been able to get our Scooters out and leave the wets at home, makes a nice change. If you are interested in any of these great events check out the What's On section of this website. If you want your event headlined please PM me (dave 411) with all the details. If you are un able to join,mail me and I will sort it out,david.ruiz57@btconnect.com.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What carb?
02-02-2017, 06:34 PM
What carb?
I've bought a Rapido 225 kit for my GP200 and I intend to use it with a 48mm clubman exhaust and a 26mm Jetex carb. I've got to thinking that the jetex is perhaps not the ideal choice of carb and might go for something better along the lines of a Mikuni or Keihin PWK (Oko or Koso). What's your thoughts guys, any advice will be gratefully received.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2017, 10:25 AM
RE: What carb?
Mike Phoenix is selling the 26 Dellorto carbs a a really good price,and will supply with a 'ball park' jetting set up for your required kit.
As you probably know,no two engines are identical,so the jetting will still need to be checked,but it won't be too far off.
Also the beauty of the Dellorto brand is that parts are more common and also easily available used if you need to borrow anything to try out!

[Image: tu2Uuq.jpg]
'Kevspeed',dissing Northern Soul since the beginning of time.
Nobody on their death bed ever said "I wish I had a Vespa",now GET THE B+Q BATHROOM SET OFF THE FRONT OF YOUR SCOOTER FOR F**KS SAKE!
05-02-2017, 01:03 AM
(04-02-2017 10:25 AM)kevspeed Wrote:  Mike Phoenix is selling the 26 Dellorto carbs a a really good price,and will supply with a 'ball park' jetting set up for your required kit.
As you probably know,no two engines are identical,so the jetting will still need to be checked,but it won't be too far off.
Also the beauty of the Dellorto brand is that parts are more common and also easily available used if you need to borrow anything to try out!

If I go for a Dellorto it will probably be a 30 not the 26 as there would not be that much improvement over the Jetex 26.
05-02-2017, 08:20 AM
He's the same price for 26/28/30 carbs,a bit better performance,but much more fuel!

[Image: tu2Uuq.jpg]
'Kevspeed',dissing Northern Soul since the beginning of time.
Nobody on their death bed ever said "I wish I had a Vespa",now GET THE B+Q BATHROOM SET OFF THE FRONT OF YOUR SCOOTER FOR F**KS SAKE!
10-02-2017, 11:39 AM
(05-02-2017 08:20 AM)kevspeed Wrote:  He's the same price for 26/28/30 carbs,a bit better performance,but much more fuel!

A 30mm Dellorto is winging it's way to me.
16-02-2017, 01:46 PM
I would have recommended a PWK but too late now.
I've set loads up , and if I can do it they must be simple as fuck
18-02-2017, 09:23 AM
What's a pwk?
18-02-2017, 09:29 AM
Got it.What model and size do you use?They seem a lot slimmer than a Dellorto.
Any pics of one on your Scoot?
18-02-2017, 12:15 PM
Ha no , I haven't sorry . I`ve used 28/30mm on both my scoots with no clearance issues.
Mind you I dont use an air filter .....but they are slimmer than dellortos by a fair bit..and easy to set up as I say..
The more you pay , the better the quality as theres loads of versions...My stage 6 one is the best quality I`d say ...and its black ..ha ha
21-02-2017, 02:08 PM
(18-02-2017 09:23 AM)dave 411 Wrote:  What's a pwk?

As Nellyboyo says the PWK carbs come several guises, Stage 6, Keihin, OKO and Koso. There is a huge variation in pricing and sme variation in quality.
I thought about using one but I went with the ever popular Dellorto as there is so much knowlege about them on Lambrettas.