NEWSFLASH
A forum for Scooterist's everywhere to find out what's going on in Wales. Please remember to leave your personal political views and your keyboard warrior rants at the door, I thank you. :-) Well what a change the sunshine makes, we've been able to get our Scooters out and leave the wets at home, makes a nice change. If you are interested in any of these great events check out the What's On section of this website. If you want your event headlined please PM me (dave 411) with all the details. If you are un able to join,mail me and I will sort it out,david.ruiz57@btconnect.com.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carb for RB20
05-03-2017, 12:25 AM
Carb for RB20
I have an RB20 kit fitted with a 34mm Dellorto. I've just read that despite AF recommending it, the 34 mm might be too big. It's drinking fuel to the extent of 5/6 miles per litre and spitting back fuel. It seems a 30mm carb might be better? What's your view? Confused

C'mon, baby let's go!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2017, 09:50 AM
RE: Carb for RB20
That sounds about right to me.
Does the RB have reed valves?
05-03-2017, 02:39 PM
Yes it does....Too big Leighton mate
05-03-2017, 05:47 PM
There you go then.
Carb to big,maybe that's why its chucking fuel out.If its performing ok,doubt if a reed is buggerd.
05-03-2017, 05:53 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2017 06:07 PM by kevspeed.)
30 flatslide Dellorto,same power less fuel consumption,plus if its spitting fuel back its either vastly over jetted,or you have a reed petal problem,also watch what type of piston you run,the Asso Werke pistons have been known to lose their ring pegs,i changed mine to a Wiseco piston.

[Image: tu2Uuq.jpg]
'Kevspeed',dissing Northern Soul since the beginning of time.
Nobody on their death bed ever said "I wish I had a Vespa",now GET THE B+Q BATHROOM SET OFF THE FRONT OF YOUR SCOOTER FOR F**KS SAKE!
05-03-2017, 09:42 PM
It does have reeds, but not sure what piston is in it. It's pretty much as AF recommended. It has been temperamental, but not the fault of the kit. It's been languishing in the garage since last summer (after having been recovered from Cowbridge). I think it might be the stator this time - it is backfiring through the exhaust. but the summers around the corner, so need to get it sorted. Cool

C'mon, baby let's go!
05-03-2017, 10:42 PM
CDI,Pick up,LT coil,all have reliability issues,also worth timing with a strobe as the flywheel marks are not perfectly precise.

[Image: tu2Uuq.jpg]
'Kevspeed',dissing Northern Soul since the beginning of time.
Nobody on their death bed ever said "I wish I had a Vespa",now GET THE B+Q BATHROOM SET OFF THE FRONT OF YOUR SCOOTER FOR F**KS SAKE!
05-03-2017, 10:55 PM
Thanks, Kev. I'm going to change the stator. Is it ok if I ask your advise if I run into problems?

C'mon, baby let's go!
05-03-2017, 11:11 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2017 11:13 PM by Kev.)
(05-03-2017 10:55 PM)Leighton Wrote:  Thanks, Kev. I'm going to change the stator. Is it ok if I ask your advise if I run into problems?

That's what this forums about , help and advice with bit of friendly banter along the way Big Grin ( I know you were thanking kevspeed )
05-03-2017, 11:17 PM
Hey, any 'Kev' as long as I can ask for help .... and there might be a lot of questions!! Big Grin

C'mon, baby let's go!