NEWSFLASH
A forum for Scooterist's everywhere to find out what's going on in Wales. Please remember to leave your personal political views and your keyboard warrior rants at the door, I thank you. :-) Well what a change the sunshine makes, we've been able to get our Scooters out and leave the wets at home, makes a nice change. If you are interested in any of these great events check out the What's On section of this website. If you want your event headlined please PM me (dave 411) with all the details. If you are un able to join,mail me and I will sort it out,david.ruiz57@btconnect.com.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
crank shafts
08-03-2017, 08:31 PM
crank shafts
anyone clued up on crankshafts i got a new crank to go in a gp150 but the new crank has a flywheel side seal shoulder of 10mm and the old 1 has got a13mm shoulder confused as to which bearing to use
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2017, 12:07 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2017 12:16 PM by Stevie W.)
RE: crank shafts
Is the new crank a GP or SX/LI crank with a smaller taper.

I've just done a bit of Googling and found this on the MB site:

Series 3 GP 200

This has the new fat type longer taper, a straight crank pin of 22.9mm. No balance hole features and has the shortest flywheel side seal shoulder of 10mm to suit a wider flywheel bearing than all other crankshafts. The GP200 or the later GP150 crankshaft is to be preferred for all tuned engines.

TBH that seems a bit confusing as it's a narrower shoulder for a wider bearing.
09-03-2017, 04:23 PM
(08-03-2017 08:31 PM)nelly001 Wrote:  anyone clued up on crankshafts i got a new crank to go in a gp150 but the new crank has a flywheel side seal shoulder of 10mm and the old 1 has got a13mm shoulder confused as to which bearing to use

Use the wider NU2205 bearing,and make sure you leave out the spacer between the bearing and the oil seal in the mag housing.

[Image: tu2Uuq.jpg]
'Kevspeed',dissing Northern Soul since the beginning of time.
Nobody on their death bed ever said "I wish I had a Vespa",now GET THE B+Q BATHROOM SET OFF THE FRONT OF YOUR SCOOTER FOR F**KS SAKE!
12-03-2017, 10:19 AM
thanks for the replies .my problem was scootopia sent me the wrong bearing i thought the nu205 bearing they sent me was a nu2205e that i orderer ,got 1 on the way now so should be sorted.