NEWSFLASH
A forum for Scooterist's everywhere to find out what's going on in Wales. Please remember to leave your personal political views and your keyboard warrior rants at the door, I thank you. :-) Well what a change the sunshine makes, we've been able to get our Scooters out and leave the wets at home, makes a nice change. If you are interested in any of these great events check out the What's On section of this website. If you want your event headlined please PM me (dave 411) with all the details. If you are un able to join,mail me and I will sort it out,david.ruiz57@btconnect.com.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Age of a frame
10-03-2017, 07:00 PM
Age of a frame
Guy's

I know of a series 1frame the numbers start with 538 can anybody please help with the age of this?

I think it's a 125 cc frame

If I bought it can I apply for an age related number plate without an engine in it?

What is the approx value of a good condition frame of that age?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for any help
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2017, 09:11 AM
RE: Age of a frame
(10-03-2017 07:00 PM)Andrewgc Wrote:  Guy's

I know of a series 1frame the numbers start with 538 can anybody please help with the age of this?

If I bought it can I apply for an age related number plate without an engine in it?

A frame number starting with 538 will be from 1958,if it is a '125' frame the prefix will be 125LI.
If the frame is not registered you will have to get an M.O.T done using the frame number as identification,which means that the scooter will need to be complete and roadworthy.Once this is done and all their red tape bullshit has been supplied,you will be issued with an age related plate.
If the frame is in good condition then the price in my opinion will be around the £350-£400 mark.
Im assuming that when you say 'frame',you mean just the bare frame,no panelwork/legshields/forks/headset etc.....

[Image: tu2Uuq.jpg]
'Kevspeed',dissing Northern Soul since the beginning of time.
Nobody on their death bed ever said "I wish I had a Vespa",now GET THE B+Q BATHROOM SET OFF THE FRONT OF YOUR SCOOTER FOR F**KS SAKE!
11-03-2017, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2017 09:49 PM by Andrewgc.)
RE: Age of a frame
Thanks mate

Did you see the series 1. 125li frame that went for 1k on flea bay this week it was in good condition and powder coated

(11-03-2017 09:11 AM)kevspeed Wrote:  
(10-03-2017 07:00 PM)Andrewgc Wrote:  Guy's

A frame number starting with 538 will be from 1958,if it is a '125' frame the prefix will be 125LI.
If the frame is not registered you will have to get an M.O.T done using the frame number as identification,which means that the scooter will need to be complete and roadworthy.Once this is done and all their red tape bullshit has been supplied,you will be issued with an age related plate.
If the frame is in good condition then the price in my opinion will be around the £350-£400 mark.
Im assuming that when you say 'frame',you mean just the bare frame,no panelwork/legshields/forks/headset etc.....

Thanks for the help mate ?