NEWSFLASH
A forum for Scooterist's everywhere to find out what's going on in Wales. Please remember to leave your personal political views and your keyboard warrior rants at the door, I thank you. :-) Well what a change the sunshine makes, we've been able to get our Scooters out and leave the wets at home, makes a nice change. If you are interested in any of these great events check out the What's On section of this website. If you want your event headlined please PM me (dave 411) with all the details. If you are un able to join,mail me and I will sort it out,david.ruiz57@btconnect.com.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carb &exhaust set up
15-04-2017, 09:11 AM
Carb &exhaust set up
Can anybody suggest a good set up for a 125 special engine please.
Not really looking to massively upgrade just make the best of the engine that I have.

As I have no carb or exhaust yet I want to get the best one to suit my 1958 series1 rebuild and doesn't need the frame cut or chopped
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2017, 03:36 PM
RE: Carb &exhaust set up
Does anyone have a float bowl for a Delorto sh1/20 to spare please?

Are all Delorto float bowls the same size?

Thanks for all help
02-07-2017, 03:58 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2017 04:08 PM by kevspeed.)
(02-07-2017 03:36 PM)Andrewgc Wrote:  Does anyone have a float bowl for a Delorto sh1/20 to spare please?

Are all Delorto float bowls the same size?

Thanks for all help

All the SH range of carbs have the same size float bowl,I have one spare if you're stuck.

(15-04-2017 09:11 AM)Andrewgc Wrote:  Can anybody suggest a good set up for a 125 special engine please.
Not really looking to massively upgrade just make the best of the engine that I have.

As I have no carb or exhaust yet I want to get the best one to suit my 1958 series1 rebuild and doesn't need the frame cut or chopped

If you're looking for a larger cc kit a cheap option is a 175 conversion.
These can be run on standard carbs and exhausts.
I've been working on a 'proper' 200cc conversion for 125/150/175 cases,it works,and works well,and runs on a standard 22mm carb and clubman exhaust system.
As long as the crank/bearings/seals/clutch on your existing engine are in good condition then these upgrades are fine.
As with any capacity conversion,you may need to raise your gearing to suit.
This can be achieved quite easily by fitting larger front sprockets or rear sprockets till the required ratio is sorted.

[Image: tu2Uuq.jpg]
'Kevspeed',dissing Northern Soul since the beginning of time.
Nobody on their death bed ever said "I wish I had a Vespa",now GET THE B+Q BATHROOM SET OFF THE FRONT OF YOUR SCOOTER FOR F**KS SAKE!
02-07-2017, 11:12 PM
Thanks mate, I have now sourced all bits required