NEWSFLASH
A forum for Scooterist's everywhere to find out what's going on in Wales. Please remember to leave your personal political views and your keyboard warrior rants at the door, I thank you. :-) Well what a change the sunshine makes, we've been able to get our Scooters out and leave the wets at home, makes a nice change. If you are interested in any of these great events check out the What's On section of this website. If you want your event headlined please PM me (dave 411) with all the details. If you are un able to join,mail me and I will sort it out,david.ruiz57@btconnect.com.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fork bearing help
12-06-2017, 07:52 PM
Fork bearing help
Guy's

I'm trying to fit the new forks and bearings into my series 1.
I guess the attached goes that way up into the frame but it seems 15mm too long, is it a simple case that I should just cut it?
I then assume that th flanged side sits over the bearing track onto the fork

Am I right or miles off the mark HuhTongueHuh

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2017, 12:10 PM
RE: Fork bearing help
Yes,you are right,but I didnt cut mine,although I have a series 3.Is it the same lenght as the one you took out?
Make sure you clean the hole out.I put mine in a freezer for a day,and used some threade rod to pull it into place.
13-06-2017, 06:16 PM
Hi Dave

Thanks for the response mate,my problem is that I didn't take anything off the bike as it's a build from scratch rather than a rebuild

Good tip re the threaded bar though,i will use that
I will have to cut this as it's far too long and as I see it I cannot cut it down too much as the bearing dish that's the stop if that makes sense?
14-06-2017, 07:04 PM
You will have big problems cutting that as its probably made from hardened steel!
The series 1 fork bearing cup is much shorter than the one you have,also there should be a chrome cover to go over it prior to fitting,not essential,but looks better and also acts as a 'dust cover'.
Gently warm the frame when fitting (once you have the correct cup),and as Dave said,pop the cup in the freezer,this will make the fitting much easier.
A threaded bar and some thick washers does make a tidy puller.
If you have difficulty sourcing a 'chrome' ring for the top,you can use a series 2 ring,just fit it 180 degrees the other way (grub screw hole at the back),then re drill the grub screw hole through the frame,this is because the steering lock on a series 1 is at the front of the headset,as opposed to the rear on a series 2.

[Image: tu2Uuq.jpg]
'Kevspeed',dissing Northern Soul since the beginning of time.
Nobody on their death bed ever said "I wish I had a Vespa",now GET THE B+Q BATHROOM SET OFF THE FRONT OF YOUR SCOOTER FOR F**KS SAKE!
17-06-2017, 10:46 AM
Why not just get the correct part?
17-06-2017, 05:49 PM
(17-06-2017 10:46 AM)dave 411 Wrote:  Why not just get the correct part?

Just ordered one from wildcat scooters after trying to cut the other one, there's another £25 spent Sad
20-06-2017, 11:58 AM
thats lambretta for you
20-06-2017, 07:18 PM
Big Grin
(20-06-2017 11:58 AM)dave 411 Wrote:  thats lambretta for you
Big GrinBig Grin