NEWSFLASH
A forum for Scooterist's everywhere to find out what's going on in Wales. Please remember to leave your personal political views and your keyboard warrior rants at the door, I thank you. :-) Well what a change the sunshine makes, we've been able to get our Scooters out and leave the wets at home, makes a nice change. If you are interested in any of these great events check out the What's On section of this website. If you want your event headlined please PM me (dave 411) with all the details. If you are un able to join,mail me and I will sort it out,david.ruiz57@btconnect.com.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted Series 3 Li Legshield
15-06-2017, 06:21 PM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2017 09:36 PM by scouser.)
Wanted Series 3 Li Legshield
Hello
Hoping somebody can help me to find to buy a Lambretta series 3 li legshields or the name of a good fabricator in the Bridgend area who could cut out a very bad weld and splice in some new metal. Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2017, 10:48 AM
RE: Wanted Series 3 Li Legshield
I had my leg shields welded by Print Met in Barry.Brilliant job,and reasonable price to.Mind you,they were only two small squares.
18-06-2017, 07:34 PM
Thanks Dave. I popped along to on two wheels in Morriston Swansea the owner there was a really tidy guy and he is going to have a look to see if he can salvage them. I am currently in the process of removing them with the help of bolt cutters and a dremel and cutting disk. I have removed all the bolts with the exception of a bolt holding the horncast to the leg shield. I have given up for tonight but will give it another go. I am not to sure if they are salvageable as the metal looks thin in places though no rust its like someone has stretched it or worked to it. And as freeing another bolt the length of metal running out from the frame snapped off.
19-06-2017, 08:40 PM
'Chippy' on the Scooterotica site is flogging a new set for £80 plus postage,pretty cheap considering they're normally Pushing £200.

[Image: tu2Uuq.jpg]
'Kevspeed',dissing Northern Soul since the beginning of time.
Nobody on their death bed ever said "I wish I had a Vespa",now GET THE B+Q BATHROOM SET OFF THE FRONT OF YOUR SCOOTER FOR F**KS SAKE!
19-06-2017, 10:08 PM
(19-06-2017 08:40 PM)kevspeed Wrote:  'Chippy' on the Scooterotica site is flogging a new set for £80 plus postage,pretty cheap considering they're normally Pushing £200.

Thanks for letting me know - unfortunately they are non chrome ring type and there is a chrome ring on my scooter. Thanks kevspeed really appreciate the link