NEWSFLASH
A forum for Scooterist's everywhere to find out what's going on in Wales. Please remember to leave your personal political views and your keyboard warrior rants at the door, I thank you. :-) Well what a change the sunshine makes, we've been able to get our Scooters out and leave the wets at home, makes a nice change. If you are interested in any of these great events check out the What's On section of this website. If you want your event headlined please PM me (dave 411) with all the details. If you are un able to join,mail me and I will sort it out,david.ruiz57@btconnect.com.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine Mountings Removal Tool
25-06-2017, 06:32 PM
Engine Mountings Removal Tool
Hi Again
I bought an engine mount - silent block removal tool from a seller on ebay
but unfortunately it came without any instructions on how to use it. I know that I should heat the casing around the engine mount before removing. but that is where my knowledge ends. I contacted the seller but he told me it was simple to use and gave me a link to a youtube video which did not show you the start off and what parts to use. I have been unable to upload the image of the tool but this is the link to the item

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ukscooters-LAM...Swr~lYngRU

if this is not allowed I will remove. Thanks in advance of any advice or help.

Thanks

Scouser
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2017, 12:24 PM
RE: Engine Mountings Removal Tool
(25-06-2017 06:32 PM)scouser Wrote:  Hi Again
I bought an engine mount - silent block removal tool from a seller on ebay
but unfortunately it came without any instructions on how to use it. I know that I should heat the casing around the engine mount before removing. but that is where my knowledge ends. I contacted the seller but he told me it was simple to use and gave me a link to a youtube video which did not show you the start off and what parts to use. I have been unable to upload the image of the tool but this is the link to the item

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ukscooters-LAM...Swr~lYngRU

if this is not allowed I will remove. Thanks in advance of any advice or help.

Thanks

Scouser

Hiya mate, Its quite straightforward just make sure the tool is not galling on the engine block and the threaded part is only withdrawing the mount. Its tight ...but it`ll be ridiculously tight if its not aligned properly . If it feels like some thing is going to snap..stop...you`re doing something wrong....Sad
26-06-2017, 02:34 PM
Thanks Nellyboyo
I plan to heat the frame slightly and use the silent block removal tool and check check check and make sure that I am not MR Freddy Fu** Up at the end of it.
26-06-2017, 02:53 PM
You`ll be fine mun, if you are using all your weight on the spanner.....its not lined up correctly ...tidy
27-06-2017, 05:15 PM
(26-06-2017 02:34 PM)scouser Wrote:  Thanks Nellyboyo
I plan to heat the frame slightly and use the silent block removal tool and check check check and make sure that I am not MR Freddy Fu** Up at the end of it.
Use a hot air gun to heat the casing,not a flame.
28-06-2017, 01:01 PM
Thanks Dave I was going to take the blowtorch to it but will now take your advice and will now head down to screwfix to source a hot air gun. While I am at it I will pop into the planning office to submit my application for an extension to my shed to hold all my new shinny tools. Thanks everyone for your help and advice
29-06-2017, 07:36 AM
ooooo tools ..you can NEVER have enough , ha
01-07-2017, 06:55 PM
any joy?
02-07-2017, 07:05 PM
Update
Managed to drop the engine out of the scooter this afternoon and spent the rest of the afternoon looking for the engine pin which shot out of the mount and under the shed after eventually finding it I spent the rest of the afternoon removing a load of Italian mud/gunk/tar from the around the engine. So will hopefully have time tomorrow afternoon to finally remove the mounts.
Thanks
Doug
03-07-2017, 06:08 PM
(02-07-2017 07:05 PM)scouser Wrote:  Update
Managed to drop the engine out of the scooter this afternoon and spent the rest of the afternoon looking for the engine pin which shot out of the mount and under the shed after eventually finding it I spent the rest of the afternoon removing a load of Italian mud/gunk/tar from the around the engine. So will hopefully have time tomorrow afternoon to finally remove the mounts.
Thanks
Doug

hi Doug,any news on this?