NEWSFLASH
A forum for Scooterist's everywhere to find out what's going on in Wales. Please remember to leave your personal political views and your keyboard warrior rants at the door, I thank you. :-) Well what a change the sunshine makes, we've been able to get our Scooters out and leave the wets at home, makes a nice change. If you are interested in any of these great events check out the What's On section of this website. If you want your event headlined please PM me (dave 411) with all the details. If you are un able to join,mail me and I will sort it out,david.ruiz57@btconnect.com.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing something ??
05-03-2018, 11:22 AM
Missing something ??
Look , don`t get me wrong , I like money ...but I recently sold an original TV200 barrel , piston and head on ebay for £560...

Now , I was gobsmacked .....I was expecting maybe 60--100 quid ....makes me feel like I was missing something ???
Or are some people just mentalists ....?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2018, 05:05 PM
RE: Missing something ??
Saw it,and it was the topic of discussion on a couple of forums!
At the end of the day,original parts in good nick,that have not been molested are rare!
The scooterboy cult of the 80's put paid to many original scooters and their parts,so now the bits and bobs that were cut,bored out,engraved,plated,or just smashed off (cos i didnt have the right size spanner),are a rarity to find untouched.
I remember a few years ago a TV200 frame tube (no struts or brackets or the frame curve,just a smooth piece of tubing with the fork tube still attached) sold on ebay for just over £1900.
If someone offered me over £500 for an old barrel and head,i would have sold it no problem!
Look at the prices of the top quality restorations........if youre the buyer,and spending top dollar on a machine,it has to be right!,imagine parting company with £10'000 for a scooter in 'straight from the factory' condition and spec,and getting it home,only to find it has an Indian crank,and a rolon chain,plus a pair of re-made viet panels!
Mind you,personally,i cant wait (i know its not going to happen) for the arse to drop out of the scooter market,so theyre only worth £100 again!!

[Image: tu2Uuq.jpg]
'Kevspeed',dissing Northern Soul since the beginning of time.
Nobody on their death bed ever said "I wish I had a Vespa",now GET THE B+Q BATHROOM SET OFF THE FRONT OF YOUR SCOOTER FOR F**KS SAKE!
06-03-2018, 08:12 AM
Quids in then Kev as they say Wink we all have to pay a premium for parts at some time so it all balances itself out .
06-03-2018, 10:23 AM
Well, I can see the reason and I was shocked. The thing is I do have another one , original ,unmolested , complete top end . ( this has a 3 stamped on the barrel and a full skirt piston )
This money is paying for the engine rebuild so I should put that on there as well.

I was surprised in the difference of the pistons between the 2 engines and I couldnt see anything in Stickys book about that.?
06-03-2018, 04:48 PM
(06-03-2018 10:23 AM)nellyboyo Wrote:  Well, I can see the reason and I was shocked. The thing is I do have another one , original ,unmolested , complete top end . ( this has a 3 stamped on the barrel and a full skirt piston )
This money is paying for the engine rebuild so I should put that on there as well.

I was surprised in the difference of the pistons between the 2 engines and I couldnt see anything in Stickys book about that.?

By 'full skirt',i assume you mean the bottom of the piston where the transfer windows are.
Some are 'bridged',and some are not,it depends on the manufacturer. Over the years Lambretta have used pistons stamped 'Innocenti','Borgo' amongst others on factory machines,plus a long list of 'pattern' pistons that were available.
'Borgo' were part of the 'Associated engineers' group which included 'Hepolite' and 'Wellworthy'.

Borgo
[Image: 26784075568_a0a5c79315_b.jpg]borgo by Kevin Payne, on Flickr

Hepolite
[Image: 39945638504_e679ac47a7.jpg]hepolite by Kevin Payne, on Flickr

Innocenti
[Image: 39945648964_55a8cd1442_m.jpg]innocenti by Kevin Payne, on Flickr

[Image: tu2Uuq.jpg]
'Kevspeed',dissing Northern Soul since the beginning of time.
Nobody on their death bed ever said "I wish I had a Vespa",now GET THE B+Q BATHROOM SET OFF THE FRONT OF YOUR SCOOTER FOR F**KS SAKE!
08-03-2018, 06:37 PM
Right , cheers for that info Kev, the one I sold was the Hepolite ( although it had 3 rings ??) and the one I`ve got left is a Borgo then...