NEWSFLASH
A forum for Scooterist's everywhere to find out what's going on in Wales. Please remember to leave your personal political views and your keyboard warrior rants at the door, I thank you. :-) Well what a change the sunshine makes, we've been able to get our Scooters out and leave the wets at home, makes a nice change. If you are interested in any of these great events check out the What's On section of this website. If you want your event headlined please PM me (dave 411) with all the details. If you are un able to join,mail me and I will sort it out,david.ruiz57@btconnect.com.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tenby scooter rally
02-05-2018, 11:12 PM
Tenby scooter rally
Is anyone from here going ? If you are ,I’ll See you Saturday , please make yourself known , I’ll be on a white lambretta J range .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2018, 07:54 PM
RE: Tenby scooter rally
I`ll be here in bloody work Sad
05-05-2018, 08:34 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2018 08:35 PM by Kev.)
The curse of the Tenby scooter rally strikes again Sad 10miles into traveling down to Tenby the scooter starts to miss fire at anything other than half throttle , I pull over to check the spark plug is tight and the colour looks good .

I resign myself to limping it back home and going down in the car Sad

I’ve stripped and rebuilt the carb tonight it looked pretty clean , jets clean etc , I’ll order a new air filter as it looks old but will blow it through with a compressor tommorow and try and see how I get on .
06-05-2018, 07:41 PM
Main jet blocked ??
or stator problem
06-05-2018, 09:57 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2018 09:59 PM by Kev.)
After I stripped the carb it didn’t want to start today , it’s getting fuel , so I checked the spark , spark was ok but not brilliant but I’m still on 6v , still wouldnt start , so I checked the coil and there was only two strands of wire going to the + .

I re-wired the coil and checked the spark plug lead that went into the coil , it looked like it had been arcing so I cut that back and she now runs .

Slight miss on full throttle but not really noticeable , I’ll try again once I get the new air filterSmile

I did think stator Neil but hopefully it wont be that .
07-05-2018, 05:01 AM
Tidy , getting somewhere .....